- a just ruler;
- a youth who grew up in the worship of Allaah, the Mighty and Majestic;
- a man whose heart is attached to the mosques;
- two men who love each other for Allaah’s sake, meeting for that and parting upon that;
- - a man who is called by a woman of beauty and position [for illegal intercourse], but be says: ‘I fear Allaah’,
- a man who gives in charity and hides it, such that his left hand does not know what his right hand gives in charity;
- and a man who remembered Allaah in private and so his eyes shed tears.”
Narrated by Abu Hurairah & collected in Saheeh al-Bukhari (english trans.) vol.1, p.356, no.629 & Saheeh Muslim (english trans.) vol.2, p.493, no.2248
In this beautiful Hadeeth, the Prophet spoke about small acts of worship which result in such a huge reward: shade on the Day when there will be no shade except His Shade . This may not seem like much at first but then reflect upon the following Hadeeth: “On the Day of Resurrection, the sun would draw so close to the people that there would be left a distance of only one mile. The people will be submerged in perspiration according to their deeds, some up to their ankles, some up to their knees, some up to the waist and some would have the bridle of perspiration and, while saying this, the Messenger of Allaah put his hand towards his mouth.”
Narrated by al Miqdaad ibn Aswad & collected in Saheeh Muslim (eng. trans) vol.4, p.1487-8, no. 6852}.
Dear students, let us ponder upon these ahadith and insha Allah, if we put them in practice, we will not only be rewarded by Allah, but we will enhance the quality of our own attitudes and manners in the society.